Bishops Island By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Occult 101

Go down

Announcement and stick Occult 101

Post  Admin Fri 20 Mar 2009, 14:55

Occult 101

In Occult 101 I will explain all the house rules for dealing with it. This refers to necromancy and thurmaturgy.

Creating New Rituals

Ok so I hate the books guidelines on ritual creation time. They take ages, sure 6 months is not a long time to a vampire. To a player, it is. See the below table for reaserch time and xp costs. The Reaserch time can be adjusted, depending on what you are trying to do.

Level

Reaserch Time

Xp Cost

Rolls

16 Hours

1 Roll = 1 Hour (See Extended Rolls)

32 Hours

48 Hours

64 Hours

80 Hours

You do not have to do the entire reaserch time within that time period. What I will do is set up a post in your forum for the ritual and update it as we go along. You can take a few nights to do it, coming back to it as needed or you can try to do it all in one go. Remember for daylight hours the usual rolls are also required to stay awake during the day.

Botches

If you botch an occult related roll your character will experience a paradoxial affect that is applicable to what you were trying to do. Theese are not usually perminant and only tend to last a few nights maximum. (Its a lesser effect of the mage paradox rules.) The paradox effect can be instant or come at an undetermined time. However I do allow players to spend a willpower point to delay the effect until a) the end of combat or b) the end of a scene.

This is allready a sort of white wolf rule however I have just put some depth into it. White wolf tends to mention the warlocks blowing themselves up. Thats a bit harsh if all you were trying to do was analyse some blood. In that case what might happen is that your tastes go off for the night. Any blood you drink tastes like sour milk for example.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2008-12-29

https://bishops-island.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Announcement and stick Re: Occult 101

Post  Guest Mon 27 Apr 2009, 11:57

Would the ranks you have in occult or the certain path have an effect on the time it takes - or does it just give you more dice not to screw it up?

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Apr 2009, 12:10

Just gives you more dice (And more successes per roll hopefully. There is usually a target number of successes you will need to hit. If you take 16 hours and only get 16 successes when you need 30, then the ritual would either be A)Incompleate or B) fail to work as you wanted it to.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2008-12-29

https://bishops-island.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 27 Apr 2009, 13:04

Ah. I see. Guess I'll start thinking some up then.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum